Installing your innosabi crowd node
Basics and background
innosabi crowd is always provided as Software as a Service.
- Your platform is always up to date because improvements are pushed to all nodes at the same time.
- All configuration including credentials and certificates are provided with your deployment package.
- Services are auto-configured for optimal performance.
innosabi crowd is very easy to install and needs minimal effort to manage. Nevertheless it is within your responsibility to:
- Install operating system security updates as soon as possible.
- Install operating system updates regularly.
- Run, configure and manage a firewall on every node (recommended even in intranet environments).
- Back up the system on a regular basis.
- Make sure the operating system is “clean” without interfering software.
- Monitor noisy neighbors in VM environments.
- Monitor services and log files for uptime and errors.
/opt/ignite Application directory
/opt/deploy Deployment directory
/var/ignite Media storage directory
/var/log Log file directory
/tmp/* Temporary files for caching etc.
- Install Ubuntu 14.04 LTS base system with SSH server.
- Synchronize /var/ignite on all application nodes (SAN, NFS, Gluster etc.) or use Open Stack, AWS or Azure storage options.
- Run install commands for your deployment option.
- Supply the external dns name, port and deployment method to innosabi.
- innosabi will now add your node to the deployment and start the installation.