01 Executive Summary: Key Facts at a Glance
- Innovations are created with the right combination of ideas, know-how and resources. A company cannot always achieve everything alone. That is why it is important to involve partners.
- Frequently, close cooperation creates synergies that are beneficial for all parties involved. However, it is necessary to share ideas, knowledge and competences.
- Through collaboration along the entire value chain, innovations and products are created faster and more efficiently. Often the time-to-market can be significantly reduced.
- With the right technology, the right stakeholders in one’s own ecosystem can be identified quickly and easily.
- Integrate the right partners directly into your initiatives and bring your supplier or expert network closer to your company.
- Use the possibilities of data connection and keep an eye out for new, useful potential and developments. Search databases for start-ups or patents and integrate new partners into your innovation process.
02 Why Involve Partners in Innovation?
03 Collaborating to Create More Innovation in the Ecosystem
An ecosystem consists of a wide variety of stakeholders. Each of them can contribute to increasing the innovative strength of your company. While collaboration with customers often results in more needs-oriented products, collaboration with partners can lead to cost savings and higher speed in product development. Especially in highly specialized areas, companies can no longer build up all competencies themselves – but specialized partners can.
- Strengthen partnerships and integrate suppliers in innovation projects
- Establish a protected environment for collaboration with partners
- Identify market leaders and benefit from the latest technologies
- Shorten the time-to-market and save time and resources
- Integrate external expertise faster and expand your competencies
04 Supplier Innovation: Driving Innovation Together with Suppliers
The Supplier Innovation Approach takes many elements from traditional approaches of the suggestion system – like transparency, evaluation and disclosure. However, it is not a tendering process, but a collaborative way to integrate suppliers and their problem-solving functions into the company. For this purpose, challenges can be placed on the platform. Suppliers who have the capacity to solve the problem or the need for innovation are then specifically invited.
05 Open Call: An Open Submission Channel
Open Call is thus oriented to the basics of classic idea management. Define topic areas in which ideas can be submitted. Establish a transparent process around requirements and evaluation criteria and use the regular exchange for new partnerships. In this way, new business areas can be identified and developed at an early stage.
06 Startup Radar: Find Start-Ups with Good Ideas Easily
The innosabi technology offers the possibility to connect specialized databases to ensure access to the latest information on developments in the start-up scene. This data can be made available to experts within your company – to check and evaluate the potential of startups. On the basis of an expert analysis, contact can be established via the innovation platform to link start-ups to innovation initiatives and to use the joint potential.
07 Patent Scout: Always Be up to Date on Patents
With the innosabi technology it is possible to structure public patent databases and to make the contents usable for a targeted search. In this way, experts in your company can screen patents in their field and evaluate potential. The artificial intelligence of the innosabi software supports them in this process.
08 The Best Software for Collaboration with Partners and Experts
- Connect different databases, like internal supplier databases or startup directories
- Find and integrate new external knowledge and expertise
- Create open areas for new ideas and collaboration within the partner network
- Invite selected partners to find solutions together
- Differentiate between open, collaborative areas and protected environments